Need help dealing with insurance over a damaged roof? Over the past 10 years we’ve replaced thousands of roofs all over the Triangle Region and can help you get your job done fast and hassle free.
frequently asked questions
- We have been working with insurance companies since the beginning. We speak their language. We know their procedures. We get results.
- Recovery Roofing & Restoration is a local company with an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Over the past 10 years we’ve replaced hundreds of roofs all over the Triangle Region.
- We have been working with insurance companies since the beginning. We have the same software as them. We speak their language. They like to work with use because we make their jobs easier.
- We maintain GAF Master Elite certification with GAF. GAF is the largest roofing manufacturer in the world. In fact, 1 out of 4 residential roofs in this country are GAF roofs. Only 2% of roofing contractors in the US have achieved GAF Master Elite Status.
- Constantly recognized and recruited by the leading roofing manufactures, we also maintain Select Shinglemaster status with Certainteed.
- Hail damage is typically not visible from the ground and does not immediately cause leaks. For this reason, it is imperative that your roof be inspected after any hail event.
- Shingles are made by saturating fiberglass fabric with asphalt. Then, rock granules are embedded into the asphalt to protect it from UV Rays.
- When hailstones impact shingles, it can cause damage in two ways:
- Fracturing of the asphalt mat. When the asphalt mat is fractured, the structural integrity of the shingle is compromised. This damage can cause holes in shingles and allow the shingles to crumble.
- Removal of the granules. When the hail removes the granules from shingles, UV damage sets in. Over time, the UV deteriorates the asphalt and leaks form. Sometimes this can take years.
- Hail damages are typically widespread and not repairable. We will work with your insurance company to show them the extend of the damages so that they can fulfill their obligations and replace your roof for this weather caused loss.
- Weather caused losses are not a reason for rate increases or cancellations in NC. We have been working with insurance companies since the beginning. We speak their language. We know their procedures. We get results.
- Wind damage to roofs takes many forms. The most obvious is shingles that are blown off by a wind storm.
- After a roof installed a sealant strip applied at the factory bonds with the shingle below it, converting many shingles into a monolithic system.
- In order to replace a shingle, this monolithic bond must be broken so that a new shingle can be installed. The shingle above the affected shingle must be lifted and folded so that a new shingle can be installed.
- Wind damage can also take the form of this sealant bond being broken to allow the shingle above to fold and crease. This is not visible from the ground.
- As roofs age, repairability diminishes to the point where repairs are not possible. This is because the asphalt hardens over time making the shingles brittle.
- We work with your insurance company to evaluate the repairability of the roof. In instances where a repair is not possible, we can demonstrate to your insurance company that the roof is not repairable and must be replaced.
- You get a whole new roof for only the cost of your deductible.